Use the API Reference
Our interactive API reference allows you to try our services. For each resource, the interactive documentation provides you with the following:
- Parameter list
- Ability to try each resource with different parameters
- Ability to see the response to a specified request
Interact with our services and see the responses that you can expect back from the service.
To Use the Interactive API Reference:
- Navigate to the EBSCOhost Entitlement API Reference.
- Click the Green Authorize button.
The Authorize button will obtain the access token. You will be prompted with a window to enter a Client ID and a Client Secret.
Note: You will need to use the Authorize button and obtain an access token in order to try any of the resources in the EBSCOhost Entitlement API Reference.
- Enter your Client ID and Client Secret in the fields provided.
- Click Authorize.
You will see the message AUTHORIZATION IS COMPLETE when the process is finished.
- Click the Return to Documentation button.
The API Reference now has an access token. You will now be able to try the resources with the "Try it out" button.
- Click your desired resource. The details for the resource unfold below the resource URL. A description, successful response format and parameters are listed.
Click the Try it out button.
Enter the parameters that you would like to try in the Description column. You must enter a parameter for the fields that are marked required.
- Click the Execute button. The interface makes a request to Entitlement API with your desired parameters and the access token. The Request URL, response code, and response body for your parameters are displayed below the Execute button.