Explore the Service Reference
The EBSCO Knowledge Services Reference describes the resources that are available to you in each service. Each service reference provides an overview for the service. For each resource, the reference also provides the following:
- Parameter list
- Multiple code samples
- Schema description for each response
Each reference has a menu in the left hand column, content in the middle column and code samples in the right hand column. You can click on a tab in the left hand menu or scroll to get the corresponding content in both the middle column and the code sample column. Using the service reference, you can quickly get started with simple code samples and easily find the format of each response.
To Explore the HoldingsIQ Reference:
- Click SERVICE REFERENCE from the EBSCO Developer Network top navigation bar.
- Click HoldingsIQ Service in the left hand column to open the HoldingsIQ reference.
- Click Overview from the left hand column to open the menu.
- Click any of the Overview sections in the left hand menu in order to view the content for a section.
- Click Resources in the left hand menu to view the resource categories.
- Click your desired resource category. The resources available for the category are displayed under the category name.
- Click your desired resource. The detailed information about the selected resource is displayed in the middle column. The code samples that correspond to the selected resource are displayed in the right hand column.
- Click on the tabs at the top of the right hand column to see a code sample for the resource in the language selected.
- Scroll to the Responses section for the resource.
- Click on the schema link for the response. The reference will scroll to the schema for the response. You can then continue to click on the schema links to dive deeper into the schema if you desire. Schema for the response is below.