Use the API Reference
Our interactive API reference allows you to try our services. For each resource, the interactive documentation provides you with the following:
- Parameter list
- Ability to try each resource with different parameters
- Ability to see the response to a specified request
Interact with our services and see the responses that you can expect back from the service.
To Use the Interactive API Reference:
- Navigate to the Disovery API Reference.
- Click the green Authorize button. You will need to Authorize first in order to try the resources in the documentation. The Authorize button will obtain the access token.
You will see the following window.
- Click Authorize.
You will see EBSCO Sign In Screen.
- Enter your User ID and Password and Click the Sign In button.
You will see the message AUTHORIZATION IS COMPLETE when the process is finished.
- Click your desired resource. The details for the resource unfold below the resource URL. A description, successful response format and parameters are listed.
Click the Try it out button.
Enter the parameters that you would like to try in the Description column. You must enter a parameter for the fields that are marked required.
- Click the Execute button. The interface makes a request to Discovery API with your desired parameters. The Request URL, response code, and response body for your parameters are displayed below the Execute button.