Register a Client Application
Before you can begin the OAuth 2.0 process and receive your access token, you must register your App with the API through your EBSCO representative. This is necessary to provide the Authorization server with the following information:
- Name of the App
- A redirect or callback URL. A redirect or callback URL will redirect the user after the user has Authorized the data access.
After registering the App, the App will have an assigned Client ID and Client Secret. The Client ID is a public and unique identifier that will be used to identify the client application as an application. The Client Secret is a private identifier kept secret between the App and the API. The Client Secret is used to authenticate the App when it makes a request for an access token.
To Obtain the Client ID and Client Secret for an App:
- Provide your EBSCO representative with the name of your app, your email address and a callback url if needed.
- Log In to EBSCO Developer after receiving notification from EBSCO that your App is registered.
Note: If you are not a registered developer in the EBSCO developer portal, your EBSCO representative will contact you with your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Click on My Apps in the top navigation.
- Click on the name of your application in the list.
- Click on the Keys section. Your application credentials, the Client ID and the Client Secret, will be listed.
- Make note of the Client ID and Client Secret for the App. Please use the Client ID and the Client Secret in the OAuth 2.0 process.